The PineTime smartwatch has been a popular choice among wearable technology enthusiasts for its affordability and feature-rich capabilities and is opensource.https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PineTime: PineTime Upgrade Board
Here’s what you need to know about the new replacement board:
- Improved Processor: The new board comes with an updated processor nRF52840 that offers better performance and energy efficiency compared to the previous one. This means that users can enjoy a more responsive and smoother user experience.
- Larger Memory: The new board boasts an increased memory size, allowing for more apps and data storage.
The new processor has 256 Kb of memory and 1Mb of storage.
- Perfect replacement of the older board.
- New location of the programing pinouts, for better access.
- Two extra pins for debug, serial rs232
Components used :
- SPI Flash
- Power Management
- Battery Management – SE9017-HF
- Linear Voltage Regulator – AP2112K-3.3TRG1
Testing the board and first program
Sample screens created in Square Line Studio